At Roadway Insurance, we can help you find the right Maryland Auto insurance for your car, truck, or motorcycle so that you and your assets are properly protected. If you are new to the world of car insurance, you may not know who to call or what to ask when shopping around for the best rates. We recommend asking your insurance agent the following questions when you need auto insurance:
What are the minimum coverage requirements for my state?
Each state has different auto insurance coverage requirements, so it’s important to ask your auto insurance provider what the minimum is to ensure you are following the law. For example, Maryland requires drivers to have a minimum coverage of 30/60/15:
- $30,000 for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 for bodily injury for two or more people
- $15,000 for property damage
What discounts do you offer?
It’s important to save money where you can. That’s why you should feel confident about asking your insurance provider for details on their discounts. Roadway Insurance offers insurance discounts for drivers who are insuring multiple vehicles with Roadway, maintain a clean driving record, and pay premiums on time. We even offer motorcycle insurance discounts including a discount for completion of a Motorcycle Safety Course, a Riding Group Member Discount, and a Garage Kept Motorcycle Discount. Ask your provider for more information on the discounts that you apply for.
If I get into an accident, what should I do?
Knowing what your insurance recommends doing after a car accident is essential to utilizing your car insurance most efficiently. Roadway Insurance recommends taking the following steps:
- Call 911 to report the accident so an official police report will be filed. Having the police on hand will also be helpful if there are any injuries.
- Do not admit fault. The police and the insurance companies are responsible for deciding who is at fault.
- Collect the appropriate information from others involved in the accident. Make sure to get their name, address, phone number, plate number, driver’s license number, and the make and model of all vehicles.
- Take photographs of any damages.
- Contact your insurance provider to file a claim.
Roadway Insurance also offers car insurance policies with optional emergency roadside assistance. We work with National Safe Drivers to offer affordable roadside assistance and towing services that can be added to your policy.