What is collision insurance?
Collision insurance is auto insurance that covers the cost to replace or repair a car that has been damaged by a collision (with another car or object). In most cases, if you are financing or leasing your care, you may be required to add collision insurance to your insurance package. If you own your vehicle, you may have the option of opting out of collision insurance.
At Roadway Insurance, we work with you to find the right type of insurance for your auto insurance package. We can walk you through the different types of insurance and find which one best suits your needs.
What Does Collision Insurance Cover?
- Collision insurance covers the cost (after deductible) with another car
- Collision insurance covers a collision with an object, such as a guardrail, fence, or tree
- Collision insurance covers a single-car auto accident
- Collision insurance covers losses caused by collision
We can work with you to determine if collision insurance is right for you. You may want to consider the value, age, and condition of your care before deciding what type of coverage you may need. The higher the deductible, the more likely your monthly premium will be lower in cost. For instance, if your deductible is $750, you will need to pay $750 before your insurance can cover the cost. Once the deductible is paid, your insurance will usually cover the rest.
Collision Insurance Does Not Cover:
- Collision insurance does not cover damage to your car that is not caused by a collision; meaning that collision insurance will not cover damage caused by theft, fire, or natural disasters.
- Collision insurance does not cover damage to another car
- Collision insurance will not cover medical bills for either driver
Contact Roadway Insurance
If you have any questions about auto insurance, contact Roadway Insurance. Roadway Insurance is an insurance company that specializes in auto insurance for drivers in Maryland and Washington DC. We have conveniently located offices throughout Maryland and Washington D.C. To learn more about your auto insurance options, visit one of our Roadway Insurance offices. Get a Free Quote Online.