Understanding and choosing the right car insurance can be a daunting task for many drivers. Whether you are new to finding auto insurance or this is third go around on the insurance merry-go-round, it is important to stay up to date on the current changes in auto insurance. According to a new study done by Consumer Reports, there are a variety of factors that play a major part in car insurance rates. As discovered, we know that age, driving history, type of car, credit history, and education affect your car insurance rate. According to Consumer Report, listed below are the five best ways to get a better deal on car insurance.
- Make sure you check your rates every few years. For instance, if you move, get a new car, or something changes in your driving history, you should double check your rates. There are a variety of factors that constantly change that you should keep track of. Your insurance can change for the better or for worse, so staying up to date can help you in the long run.
- Shop around for car insurance. Take your time to find the right insurance for you.
- Your credit score can affect your insurance rate. On average, drivers with a lower credit score may pay more in insurance each year.
- Having one or more at-fault accidents. Even accidents that are not the driver’s fault may also affect your insurance rate.
- Adding Inexperienced drivers to your insurance plan may also affect your car insurance rate
According to WTOP, Progressive auto insurance is one of the best choices for insurance for singles and couples. Roadway insurance is an authorized Progressive insurance provider. At Roadway, we offer discounts for prior coverage, paperless delivery options, and electronic fund transfers. For questions on how to obtain Progressive insurance through Roadway, contact one of our Roadway auto insurance specialists.