At Roadway Insurance, we care about our drivers and their safety. One of the most common questions asked by drivers is what do I do if my car breaks down? We have compiled a few tips to consider if you run into an auto emergency.
- If possible, drive your car out of the way of oncoming traffic. Accidents can occur if your car is in an unsafe position which may put you and other drivers at risk.
- You may want to contact your car insurance company or roadside assistance as soon possible. Getting a trained technician to help is imperative in this situation.
- Turn on your emergency lights. Emergency lights can warn other drivers to slow down or steer clear of your vehicle. It can also help a tow truck or roadside assistance identify your vehicle.
- If applicable, safely and carefully set up reflective lights near the back and/or front of your vehicle. Reflective lights are used to ward off cars from running into your vehicle. Reflective lights can also help a tow truck or roadside assistance spot your vehicle.
- If your car is in a safe location, stay in your vehicle until help arrives. Accidents can occur when oncoming cars swerve to avoid your vehicles. You don’t want to get caught in the crossfire. The safest location may be in your vehicle.
Roadway Insurance is one of the largest auto insurance agencies in Maryland. We proudly serve drives all over Maryland, DC, and Baltimore. We can work with drivers to help them obtain proper coverage and insurance. If you have a great driving record, we may be able to find your cheapest car insurance rates in Maryland. We even work with drivers with poor driving records obtain proper insurance. Whatever your auto insurance needs, Roadway Insurance is here to help! If you are looking for auto insurance, be sure to contact us by phone, online, or in person.