Visit Roadway Insurance for all of your auto insurance needs!
According to Forbes Magazine, the NICB’s compiles a list of the most stolen new and used cars every year. If your car is on this list, you may want to consider taking some extra precautions to keep you and your care safe. In some states, the type of car your drive may affect your insurance rates. Take a look at your state and determine if your insurance rate is affected by car type.
Most Stolen Used Cars
- Honda Accord (1997), 50,427 stolen
- Honda Civic (1998), 49,547
- Ford F-Series Pickup (2006), 32,721
- Chevrolet Silverado Pickup (2004), 31,238
- Toyota Camry (2016), 16,732
- Nissan Altima (2015), 12,221
- Ram Pickup (2001), 12,128
- Toyota Corolla (2015), 11,989
- Chevrolet Impala (2008), 9,749
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee (2000), 9,245
Most Stolen New Cars
- Toyota Camry, 1,113 stolen
- Nissan Altima, 1,063
- Toyota Corolla, 982
- Dodge Charger, 945
- Ford Fusion, 914
- Hyundai Sonata, 887
- GMC Sierra Pickup, 884
- Hyundai Elantra, 832
- Ford F-Series Pickup 738
- Ford Transit Van, 669
For drivers who may be at risk for car theft, whether due to car type or location, you may want to consider the type of auto insurance coverage you have. Comprehensive car insurance covers damages or events that are caused by a car driving into something else. Essentially, comprehensive auto insurance covers damages that the driver has no control over. For instance, comprehensive insurance may cover:
- Falling objects
- Natural disaster
- Damage caused by an impact of an animal. If a driver swerves to an avoid animal, comprehensive insurance will not cover the damage. Collision insurance would cover the damage of a car that swerves to avoid an animal.
- Fire or explosion
If you have any questions about what type of insurance is right for you, contact our team at Roadway Insurance. Our team at Roadway Insurance can work with you to find the right coverage for your auto needs. Roadway Insurance is one of the largest auto insurance agencies in the Baltimore Washington metropolitan area. Reach out and speak with one of our experienced auto insurance representatives: Online, By Phone or In Person. Roadway Auto has convenient locations throughout Maryland and Washington DC.