Over the next month many Americans will drive near and far to spend the holiday season with loved ones and friends. For those of us in the Mid-Atlantic it’s important to prepare your car for any wintery conditions that may arise along the way. Roadway Insurance wants you to arrive safely to your destinations this holiday season.
Follow these simple tips to get you and your vehicle winter-ready…
- First and foremost: Have the appropriate maintenance service on your vehicle.
- Check the anti-freeze level of your vehicle with an anti-freeze tester and add fluid as necessary.
- Check your windshield wiper blades and replace your windshield wiper fluid with a wintertime ” no freeze” mixture.
- Check the air pressure in your tires frequently during the winter months when dramatic temperature changes occur and make sure that they have adequate tread for good traction and handling in poor conditions.
- When temperatures drop to freezing and below keep your gas tank close to full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines.
Be sure to keep your car in good running condition over the cold winter months for safe traveling. Check the weather and road conditions and plan accordingly. It’s also a good idea to keep an emergency kit in your vehicle with necessities for a long trip including a flashlight, jumper cables, flares, cell phone charger, blanket, ice scraper, and cat litter to help with traction in icy conditions.
All set to drive but need car insurance? Contact Roadway Insurance to learn about both traditional policy coverage and MAIF insurance. Which policy will best suit your needs and your budget? Roadway agents have years of experience and can get you into the insurance policy you need to fulfill Maryland minimum requirements and fit your budget.
Remember- driving without car insurance in Maryland is illegal and subject to penalties! Whether you need MAIF or want to discuss traditional policies, Roadway can answer your questions and find a policy that suits you.