At Roadway Insurance we are committed to helping our drivers stay safe on the road all year around. However, the winter weather can bring unforeseen driving conditions, making it harder for drivers to drive their normal commutes. We have compiled a few tips to help keep your you and your car protected during the cold weather.
Winter Car Tips
- Make sure your tires are correctly filled. Some drivers may even benefit from switching to winter tires, which are specially designed to help drivers maneuver through tough winter weather.
- Pack an emergency winter kit to keep in your car. the winter weather is sometimes unpredictable, so having an emergency kit to make sure you have everything you need can benefit you if you are ever caught in a predicament.
- Check your engine coolant and antifreeze levels. The winter weather can affect your car, and you want to make sure that your engine coolant and antifreeze are at the appropriate levels.
- Check your wiper blades and your wiper fluid. During the winter, the roads may be hard to see, so it is crucial that your wiper blades are performing correctly.
- Change your oil. The cold weather can affect your oil which may result in problems with your engine. Talk to your mechanic about what type of oil is suitable for cold weather.
- Keep an eye on your battery. The cold weather can affect the way your battery runs. Vist your local mechanic to have them check your battery and see if you need any repairs.
Roadway Insurance is one of the top providers in the Baltimore area. We are a company committed to helping drivers remain covered, insurance, and safe on the road. We work with a wide range of insurance carriers to offer our drivers more options. We even offer MAIF ( Maryland Auto Insurance Fund) to drivers who are unable to get coverage. MAIF accepts all drivers as long as they meet these requirements:
- Maryland state resident
- Licensed in the state of Maryland or have a current Maryland registration
- Unable to obtain Maryland car insurance through a private carrier
Roadway Insurance can work with all drivers no matter their driving history. Contact Roadway Insurance to get car insurance you need!