As Prom season is currently upon us its time to take a few minutes to talk to teens about keeping themselves and others safe during this exciting time.
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one killer of teens in the nation.
These tips will help keep your teen safe on the road during prom season, and beyond.
– Avoid driving if you can. Rent a limo or ask someone to be your chauffer.
– Don’t drink and drive.
– Don’t get in the car with someone who’s been drinking.
– Buckle your seatbelt.
– Refrain from using mobile devices while driving.
– Save your texting for the parking lot.
– Create a driving playlist before you turn on your car. Surfing through the radio is very distracting.
– Follow the speed limit.
– Don’t let road rage get the best of you.
– Eliminate outgoing and incoming calls.
Talk to your teen about safe driving and being a responsible driver.
Be a safe driver! Contact Roadway for a free MAIF quote. Maryland Auto Insurance Fund (MAIF) Insurance is a local top provider of Maryland Auto Insurance for drivers