Riding a motorcycle can provide you with a one of a kind sense of freedom when you hit the open road on two wheels. You may have only ridden in a fully enclosed vehicle majority of your life, though, of course, a convertible can help you get more in touch with the open road. However, nothing is quite like the feeling that a motorcycle will give you.
Once you have decided that you want to ride a motorcycle, and want to pursue obtaining a motorcycle endorsement on your license, you can then obtain a motorcycle, followed by MAIF motorcycle insurance. We have made a short and easy-to-read list of useful information that you may need during your journey to legally getting on the road with a motorcycle.
How To Obtain A Motorcycle Endorsement In Maryland
- Have a current and valid Maryland Driver’s License
- Provide proof of residency in the state of Maryland
- Pass Vision Exam
- Pass the Maryland State Motorcycle Written Exam
- Pass the Maryland State Motorcycle Road Exam
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
The Maryland MVA has state minimum requirements similar to your auto policy for your motorcycle.
- $20,000 Bodily Injury
- $40,000 Each Incident
- $10,000 Property Damage
Of course, you can always add more coverage if you deem it necessary. However, Maryland requires the above coverage at a minimum to be able to operate a motorcycle on the road.
Are There Any Other Discounts Available For Motorcycle Insurance?
Yes, similar to auto discounts, there are programs available for motorcycles as well, such as the following:
- Maryland ranks as 12th from the bottom on the list of worst states for motorcycle theft. With that stat, we offer a discount on your motorcycle premium as long as LoJack is installed on your motorcycle. LoJack will help deter thieves from stealing your bike as they are aware that LoJack is a tracking device that law enforcement will use to track and recover the motorcycle. LoJack will also give yourself peace of mind when parking your motorcycle after a nice ride!
Get A Quote
If you would like to learn more about how to properly get motorcycle insurance in the state of Maryland, discounts for motorcycle insurance, or are just looking for new MAIF motorcycle insurance, contact Roadway Auto Insurance today to get a free quote with no obligation.